CICE will be changed of Requirements for Qualifying Exam (Major) as below from 2020.
Therefore, students should consider the following changes when publishing research papers and preparing for main defense.
Also, the COVID-19 pandemic caused the cancellation of the international conference, etc.
In order to prevent student damage from this problem, CICE decided to relax the qualification exam (major) requirements for applicants for the main defense only in the spring of 2020.
1. [Ph.D. and Combined] Added scores for the Top-tier International Conference paper
A. 1 point for the Top-tier International Conference paper assigned by the department
B. Not included in the mandatory publication requirements (1 SCI paper is mandatory)
C. Applied year: All student
D. Refer to the attached file 1 for the conference list and applied date of publication
※ The list of conferences may be changed in the future and will be announced annually.
2. [All Student] Changed to indicate the department of the author when he/she publishes paper
A. Published paper indicates that the author is a student of SKKU (including departments).
B. Implemented Date: March 1st 2020
C. Department Name
- 전자전기컴퓨터공학과 Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering
- 태양광시스템공학협동과정 Interdisciplinary Program in Photovoltaic System Engineering
- 에너지시스템공학협동과정 Interdisciplinary Program in Energy Systems Engineering
3. Relax of qualification exam (major) requirement only in the spring of 2020
A. Application period for the qualification exam(major): April 16~22, 2020
B. For Master’s: “Publish co-author in domestic Level A Journal” is also possible available.
C. For Ph.D. and Combined: 0.2 points deduction out of required 2 point (As much as the score of an international conference)
※ If you meet 1.8 points including 1 SCI paper, you can apply for the main defense
D. Applicants for the spring of 2020 main defense only.
4. Inquiry: Graduate office 031-290-5818/5868