Announcement Regarding the Graduation Gowns Rental for 2023 Winter
The 2023 winter graduation gown rental for the graduating students will proceed as follow; please read the following announcement.
■ Rental Information
○ Eligibility: February 2023 graduates, February and August 2022 graduates who did not rent
※ Only bachelor’s and master’s gowns are provided for the rental.
※ Only the students who have received the degree can rent the gowns.
○ Rental Schedule
-Duration: February 10th, 2023 (Fri) – February 20th, 2023 (Mon) every day from 9 A.M. to 5 P.M. (including lunch time break)
○ Return Policy: Until 6 P.M. of the day of rental (late fee will be charged when returned later than 6 P.M.)
※ Please refer to the late fee information page.
○ Rental Location
- Humanities and Social Sciences Campus: International Hall 1F Lounge
- Natural Sciences Campus: Student Center 1F Small Auditorium
○ Materials Required
- ID (Registration card, driver’s license, alien registration card, passport, etc.), mask, bag for the gown
※ Student ID card is not accepted as deposit.
※ The ID will be kept until the gown is returned.
■ Application Guide for Graduation Gowns Rental
○ Application Period: January 28th, 2023 (Sat) – February 9th, 2023 (Thurs)
○ Application Process
1) Access GLS through PC
2) Click [Application/Graduation Requirements (신청/자격관리)] → Enter [금학기졸업자학위복대여신청]
3) Enter visiting date, campus, and refund account information and press apply
4) Pay 5,000 won to the virtual account
※ For the class of 2022, please visit without any prior registration and register on site on the date of the rental.
○ Rental Fee: 5,000 won
※ Virtual account will be issued for the payment when the rental request is successfully submitted. Cash payment is not accepted.
※ The rental fee will be refunded if the gown is not rented after the payment.
■ Multiple Times Rental Policy
○ There is no limit to the number of times to rent the gowns, but only one gown can be rented at a time.
○ Multiple times rental will be unavailable if the gown is not returned or returned late.
○ The rental fee is only required for the first rental.
○ There is no prior registration required for the multiple times rental. Please visit the campus on the day of the rental.
※ Washed gowns will be provided in the primary rental, and used(returned) gowns will be lent for the multiple times rental.
■ Information on Late Fees
○ Regardless of the number of rental times, gowns must be returned by 6 P.M. on the day of rental.
○ Late fees will be charged, and further gown rental will be prohibited if gowns are returned after 6 P.M. on the day of rental.
○ Late Fee:
- Late on the day of rental: 5,000 won
(10,000 won will be charged additionally for each day of overdue payment.)
ex) Returned at 6:01 P.M. ~ 6:20 P.M. on the day of rental: 5,000 won
- Returned one day after rental: 10,000 won
■ Parking Information
○ Parking fee discounts will be provided for those who have rented graduation gowns.
○ Parking Fee
- Humanities and Social Sciences Campus: 3,000 won for 4 hours
- Natural Sciences Campus: 2,000 won for 4 hours
○ Parking fee payment process: Scan the provided QR Code with camera → Enter the vehicle number, and select the vehicle → Mobile payment after checking the parking fee → Exit after payment
※ QR Codes will be provided at the rental site.
※ Additional fee will be charged for any vehicle staying in the campus more than 30 minutes after the payment.
※ In the case of the Humanities and Social Sciences Campus, congestion is expected due to the limited parking space, so please use public transportation as much as possible.
■ Further Announcement
○ Only traditional graduation gowns are available for rent.
○ In the case of getting the gown on behalf of the graduating student, the students need to provide their ID card, student number, and major.
○ Photo walls and backdrops will be installed during the rental period.
○ Please note that the registration is not a first-come, first-served basis event.
○ In case of lost or damaged gowns, the corresponding fee may be charged:
* Fee for damaged gowns
- Traditional bachelor’s degree gown set: 132,000 won
- Traditional master’s degree gown set: 179,000 won
■ For Ph.D. and Combined Students
Ph.D. and Combined students cannot borrow graduation clothes from the university. Instead of that, students have to rental the clothes by themselves. There are two types of clothes (① Traditional style clothes, ② Ordinary style clothes) You can choose one of them and buy or rental the clothes from the private companies.
○ Private company [“Sung Eui Sa” (성의사)]
① You can buy your own Traditional style & Ordinary style clothes in here or borrow them