Announcement Regarding the Graduation Gowns Rental for 2022 Summer
Greetings from Spring, the 54th Student Council of SKKU.
For undergraduates and postgraduates who have completed a long journey at Sungkyunkwan University, we have organized the graduation gowns rental project. The rental requires a beforehand reservation, and everyone who has applied via online can rent the gowns. Warmest congratulations on your graduation.
■ Rental Information
○ Subject: Graduating students in August 2022 and February 2022(for those who were not able to rent due to the COVID issue only)
※ Only bachelor’s and master’s gowns are provided for the rental.
※ Only the students who have received the degree can rent the gowns.
○ Period: Wednesday, August 17, 2022 – Sunday, August 28, 2022, every day from 9 A.M. to 6 P.M.
※ Rental is available during lunch time.
○ Location: Humanities and Social Sciences Campus International Hall 1F Lounge, Natural Sciences Campus Student Center 2F Student Council’s room.
○ Preparation: ID (Registration Card, Driver’s License, Mask, Residence Card, Passport), Bag for the Gown
※ We ask for your understanding that rental is available only after submission of ID card as a deposit.
※ Student ID card is not accepted as deposit.
■ Application for Rental
○ Application Period: Monday, August 1, 2022 – Friday, August 12, 2022
○ Application Process: GLS(PC version) -> 신청/자격관리 -> Click on 금학기졸업자학위복대여신청 -> Enter Visit Day, Campus, Refund Account Information -> Apply -> Pay 5,000 won to the virtual account
※ Because the online registration for the gown rental for undergraduates and postgraduates of winter 2022 is unavailable, please visit during the rental days and register offline.
○ Rental Fee: 5,000 won
※ Virtual account will be provided for the payment when the rental request is successfully submitted. Cash payment will not be supported.
※ Due to the bank policy, issuing the virtual account may not operate from 12:00 to 12:10 A.M. (12:00 to 12:40 A.M. on Fridays).
※ The rental fee will be refunded if the gown is not rented after the payment.
■ Multiple Times Rental Policy
○ There is no limit to the number of times to rent the gowns, but only one gown can be rented at a time.
○ The previously rented must be returned before renting another gown
○ The rental fee is 5,000 won regardless of the number of times of the rent.
○ Please know that an unused gown will be provided for the first rent, and a used gown will be available to rent after the first rent.
■ Parking Information
○ Parking fee discounts will be provided for those who have rented graduation gowns.
○ HSSC (3,000 won charge for 4 hours), NSC (2,000 won charge for 4 hours)
○ Parking Fee Payment Process: Scan the provided QR Code with Camera → Enter the vehicle number, and select the vehicle → Check parking fee, and pay mobile → Exit after payment
※ QR Codes will be provided at the rental site.
※ Additional fee will be charged for any vehicle staying in the campus more than 30 minutes after the payment.
※ In case of HSSC, the parking space is small, so use public transportation if possible.
■ Further Announcement
○ The gown must be returned before 6 P.M. on the day of the rent.
○ Only traditional graduation gowns are available to rent.
○ For the sake of convenience, any peer who has the graduate’s ID card can rent and return the gown.
○ Photo walls and backdrops will be installed during the rental period.
○ In case of lost or damaged gowns, the corresponding fee may be charged:
*Traditional Bachelor’s Degree Gown Set: 132,000 won
*Traditional Master’s Degree Gown Set: 179,000 won
■ For Ph.D. and Combined Students
Ph.D. and Combined students cannot borrow graduation clothes from the university. Instead of that, students have to rental the clothes by themselves. There are two types of clothes (① Traditional style clothes, ② Ordinary style clothes) You can choose one of them and buy or rental the clothes from the private companies.
○ Private company [“Sung Eui Sa” (성의사)]
① You can buy your own Traditional style & Ordinary style clothes in here or borrow them